Are You a Baseball Fan? Do You Support College Athletics?
The Neptune Beach Pearl is a Collegiate Summer Baseball Team whose inaugural season in Alameda will begin in the summer of 2011. The team features Division 1 College Baseball Players from schools all around the country, many of which will require a family to host them for the summer.
- The season runs from the last weekend in May through the first weekend in August.
- Tentatively, our schedule has 55 games in that span.
- The team will compete in the Far West Collegiate Summer League, an 11 team league that spans from Southern Oregon to Southern California.
- Why am I telling you this? Not to worry the players will have something to do everyday that they are out here, and will be spending many nights in a hotel on the road
- Being a host family for a player at this level can be a very unique and rewarding experience for everyone involved.
- If you have kids who like baseball having a role model around who plays college baseball can be a life long memory and reward
- Those interested in becoming a host family should be able to provide a bed, and adequate space for the player to store his belongings. The players sign a housing contract and are required to live under your rules, and to be a responsible member of your household.
- Current colleges that will be represented on the 2011 Pearl are: Boston College, Cornell, Delaware State, Eastern Michigan, Liberty, New Mexico Highlands, Saint Mary's College of California, Santa Clara, San Jose State, Texas Tech, UNLV, University of Hawaii, Michigan, San Francisco, Washington & Virginia Commonwealth
Who knows, you could be the host family of a FUTURE MAJOR LEAGUER!!!
If interested or for more information on the Host Family Program please contact:
(510) 708-7451 or by e-mail: email@example.com